If you are about to enter into any agreements (new or upgrading) with a supplier of Office equipment, before you sign remember:
- Never accept Finance and servicing / Usage charges as One single payment, they are separate elements, keep them separate.
- Managed Services are designed to manage the money from your account, they are not good for the average organisation, most are a disaster.
- Never agree to regular usage reviews, they only serve to increase cost and term of contract for the equipment
- ‘inclusive copies’ and ‘Bulk Free copies’ are not free, you are paying in advance for a number of copies which, if you do not use, you lose. Only pay for copies when you have used them.
- Do not entertain any copier deal where copies are called anything but copies, any variation will undoubtedly cost you dearly.
- Any proposed change to printed contractual terms will undoubtedly need approval from a Board Director of the Company who own the agreement.
- Never sign anything which confirms you have equipment installed unless you are certain beyond any doubt that you have received the equipment, it is installed and working.
- Be certain you read and understand all the terms of the Lease agreement, Servicing agreement and supplier order forms before you think of signing any.
- Satisfy yourself 100% that the agreements will deliver all that the quotation promises.
- No ‘special deal’ will not wait 24 hours, take time to know exactly what you are signing
- Always, always, keep a photocopy of any document you sign before it leaves your sight, then check it against the countersigned versions which you should receive when the agreement becomes active and keep the copy for the life of the agreements.
- NEVER, NEVER, EVER, sign a blank document and always strike through any blank areas on the documents which you do sign.
When you need help understanding the terms and conditions contained in Micro print, contact us and for as little as £190 you could have a pre-purchase review which will highlight any unfair terms and the effect they could have on your business.
Prevention is cheaper than cure, if you are looking for peace of mind, then before you sign, a Check with Chas could save you thousands of pounds, contact us now: email@example.com
Check with Chas is a Fair Contract Associates Ltd review service,
An expert eye when you need it most.